lichess.org
Donate

A plea for transparency

You all make valid points, with which I mostly agree. But those points have nothing to do with my request: when you do something, do it in a way that is accountable. Because "RTFM, there is a link that justifies everything we could ever do" is not an argument. Nor is "read our entire codebase if you want to understand what's going on" or "stop asking questions, you're making it worse" or "it would be very difficult to do things right, so we're doing them wrong".

And random insults don't help either, but I guess it would be abusive to complain, right?

I've had my say. Now you either take heed or you don't. That is why the title is "plea" and not "angry tinfoil rant".
Also, today the invites to chess games work, so maybe it was a bug. I am glad it was solved.
@TotalNoob69 said in #11:
> when you do something, do it in a way that is accountable.

that's big talk from the guy making up random shit about secret lists.
I assume there's already some log of moderator actions such as removing forum posts, viewable only by site staff (it would be inappropriate for it to be generally viewable). Such actions should therefore already be traceable so that any complaint by a user, as per cormacobear's suggestion in #8, can be followed up.
In the forum where I am mod there is no „deleting“: it’s just hiding from public. Everything is logged and explained in the internal section.

For regular users this may look intransparent.
yes there is a record of actions taken by moderators.
Also I'm putting that skeptic glbert on our list. :|

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.